Travis County’s grant program for small business (using CARES Act funding) is open for pre-application eligibility screening. BCL of Texas is partnering with TravisCounty to launch the Travis County (TCTX) Thrive Small Business Program to offer grants of up to $40,000 to qualifying businesses in Travis County but outside of Austin city limits that have been financially impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Businesses will need to complete a pre-application to determine if they’re eligible for the program. If eligible, businesses will be invited to submit a full application. If awarded, the businesses who participate in TCTX Thrive Small Business Program will work with BCL’s small business coaches to create a Business Continuity Plan and will receive no-cost business coaching throughout the program period.
The Travis County Commissioners Court approved funding for this new small business grant program due to the unprecedented impact of COVID-19. Businesses must submit the Pre-Application Eligibility Determination before July 3rd in order to participate in this program. Eligible Businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Businesses located and headquartered within Travis County and further, located in unincorporated Travis County, in any city’s extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ), or in another city or village within the county outside the City of Austin incorporated limits.
- The business address identified on legal documents is used to determine the location of the business.
- Have no outstanding tax liens or legal judgments. If on a payment plan, must be current. Exceptions may be made for businesses that have outstanding recent quarter 941s or sales tax reports to the Texas Comptroller due to financial difficulties related to COVID-19.
- Have been in business since March 1, 2019
- Fewer than 25 Full Time Equivalent Employees on March 1, 2020
- Maximum net revenue of $500,000 annually
- Businesses that use a Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
They have a dedicated team available to respond to questions. For more information, you can call at 512-994-2280 or email us at email@example.com.