Become A Member
Why Join ALBA?
With multiple decades of business ownership in our leadership team we know what it takes to run a business in Austin, and we know where your gaps are. Simply put, Austin Local Business Alliance does all the following things for you as a member so you don’t have to think about them individually.
WE PROMOTE our business members and supporters
- We’re the only Austin chamber requiring members to be 51% locally-owned
- New Member announcements in all media
- Social media promotion for member events
- Sale of your products on our marketplace
- Press Opportunities
- Connection to ALBA’s 20-year brand reputation
- Business Listing in our print directory (IndieAustin) distributed all over Austin
- Business Listings in our much-visited online directory, with enhanced SEO opportunities
WE ADVOCATE for the interests of local businesses at all government levels.
- Connections and/or memberships with local municipalities and national movements
- Member updates on select info from governmental entities
- Advocacy of public policy changes for a sustainable business environment and more egalitarian society
WE STRENGTHEN the local economy
- Requiring members to live and/or work here – our unique offering
- Referring you to members and the public
- Providing education on new forms of and financing for businesses of all sizes
- Reminding everyone to buy local
- Facilitating governmental aid to businesses
- Promoting your business in tourism spots around the region
WE PROVIDE connecting and learning opportunities.
- Instant peer network to meet and do business with
- In-person Third Thursday Member Meetups
- Spring and Fall Member Cruises on Ladybird Lake
- Innovative education including lease negotiation skills
- Sponsorship of- and speaking at events available
- Lists of helpful resources for SMB’s of all sizes
Ready to join?
To be eligible for a local business membership, at least 51% of the ownership of your business must reside in Austin and surrounding areas (Round Rock, Pflugerville, Lakeway, etc.). Your business need not have a storefront but must be independent and not a franchise.
If your business does not meet these criteria, but you would like to support ALBA, you can join as a Local Supporter.